- Key questions to direct thinking and help students focus on the key points
- Diagrams to aid understanding
- Summaries to aid revision and help students access the main points
- Extension questions, stimulus material and suggestions for further reading to stretch, challenge and encourage independent thinking and a deeper understanding
- Definition of key terms - again to aid and consolidate understanding of technical vocabulary and concepts
- Activities to build conceptual understanding and sound knowledge and understanding, analysis, evaluation and application skills
PTE Young Learners and PTE General are based on a scenario, which accords with Schema Theory. This means that all exam tasks are related through a common theme which allows candidates to activate the different domains of knowledge they have acquired and thus further enhance second language acquisition. It also provides a coherent thread for candidates to guide them through the various tasks. The tasks can be interrelated through a common topic or a scenario where the different tasks "build" a story and integrate different language skills.